4 ways to fight wrinkles (sans needles)
With the new year comes that feeling of a fresh start that we all crave, and the accompanying desire to make resolutions. Will you aim to shed a few pounds or incorporate more dark, leafy greens into your menu? This year, many people will look for ways to better themselves – even during a pandemic. With any new year, the key is making your goals and intentions attainable so you can stick with them. One area where you can make a change with minimal effort and natural solutions is your skin care. Start by fighting wrinkles and fine lines on your face – naturally. Look at four ways you can help eliminate lines and look younger with fresher, healthier-looking skin. Go on – you got this.
1. (Sheet) mask up.
When it comes to masks, everyone is wearing them – and everyone is selling them, too. From your local drugstore or grocery chain to online beauty powerhouses Sephora, Goop, and Ulta, sheet masks are clearly popular – and don’t appear to be fading from the spotlight anytime soon. And in ever better news, they work, too.
According to board-certified dermatologist Dr. Nikhil Dhingra, “Face masks can be an effective way to deliver an intensive burst of nourishing and therapeutic skin care ingredients in a highly concentrated form.”
If you’re looking for a sheet mask to help smooth fine lines and wrinkles, focus on ingredients such as:
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Hydroxy acids
- Coenzyme Q10
- Tea extracts (like green or black tea)
- Grape seed extract
So, mask up to enjoy fewer fine lines and smoother skin. You can even binge your favorite Netflix show while your mask is doing its work – we won’t tell!
2. Apply a patch.
Patches aren’t just for pirates. Like sheet masks, patches have ingredients designed to target specific skin concerns such as dryness, acne, or wrinkles. By now you may already be familiar with Furlesse, but if you’re not, here are a few reasons to give Furless patches a try today:
- Patches are safe, natural, and non-invasive. No need for needles, and no need to visit the dermatologist.
- The clear-colored patches are shaped to address certain areas where wrinkles crop up on your skin. Think around your eyes (crows), between your brows (elevens), on your forehead (rows),and by your lips (lip-sticks).
- They work quickly! Put on a patch at night following your normal skin-care routine, and wake up looking more refreshed, with fewer visible fine lines and wrinkles.
3. Live your best life.
Is a healthy lifestyle connected to healthy skin? You bet. In fact, your skin is your largest organ, so when you treat your body well, it will show on your skin. How can you ensure you’re living a healthy lifestyle? These tips will help you get started – or guarantee you’re on the right track.
Eat healthfully. This means a balanced diet with most of the foods you consume being lean meats and proteins, fresh fruit and vegetables, and whole grains. Go easy on the prepackaged foods with extra sugar and salt.
Move your body. Whether you enjoy a hike in the woods or cycling on your indoor Peloton, make sure to move your body each day. Current exercise recommendations from the American Heart Association state to get “at least 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes per week of vigorous aerobic activity, or a combination of both, preferably spread throughout the week.”
Mind your mind. Mental (or emotional) health is just as important as your physical health. So, while it’s important to focus on moving your body as listed above, it’s also crucial to pay attention to how you’re feeling and seek care if you’re anxious or depressed. Some simple things you can do to boost your mental health include managing your stress, surrounding yourself with people who make you feel good, and avoiding alcohol and drugs.
- Exfoliate. It’s a fancy word for removing dead skin cells (yuck), and it works. That’s because when you remove the top layer of old, dead cells, you make way for the new, healthier cells. That said, take it slow when it comes to exfoliating. If you have sensitive skin, proceed with caution and use a less abrasive scrub. You can always add a stronger exfoliant or exfoliate more often if your skin is responding well. When done properly, exfoliation will leave your skin looking radiant.
Face it: you’re ready for smoother skin this year
From sheet masks to Furless patches and lifestyle modifications to exfoliation, focusing on these wrinkle-fighting tips now will pay off on your skin later. You’ll see a healthier glow, fewer fine lines and wrinkles, and you’ll even feel your best because you’re treating your whole body well.
Here’s to 2021 and healthier, smoother, wrinkle-free skin!
By Jill Hoelscher, Furlesse.com contributor